Monday, May 30, 2011

Revised Lila's Child text

I am proud to announce that I have just uploaded a revised text for the Kindle version of Lila's Child: An Inquiry Into Quality. I have cleaned up some mistakes and fixed the html so that the book shows much better on the e-reader. These days, more e-copies are being sold than traditional paper books so I wanted to provide as clear a reading experience as possible for everyone.

It has been nearly ten years since I first published Lila's Child. The main body of work seems to have stood up well over the years. Of course, there are those who disagree with some of Robert Pirsig's annotations but that is to be expected. There is still an ongoing debate in the moq.discuss group over the nature of the intellectual level of the MOQ, plus some contributors are not happy with the antropocentric nature of the MOQ. All in all though, I think the annotations lend a great deal of clarity to Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals and the MOQ in general.

I am pleased that Lila's Child has been cited in Dr. Anthony McWatt's PhD thesis on the Metaphysics of Quality as well as a new paper just published by Dr. W. Gregory Alvord. Those who are interested in all things pertaining to Robert Pirsig might also be interested in Dr. McWatt's new book, compiling his correspondence with Mr. Pirsig over a period of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment